Thank you all for appreciating my previous blog on Tableau and JS series- Part 1.
What can be improved in this visualization:-
- Very neat and clean line graph but more information can be shown instead of simple consumption trend.
- Three different colors for each animal but some infographics will surely increase the look and feel.
- Some interactivity is missing to engage the user.
What I did:- (Download Animated viz)
- I have used three different icons to represent for which animals I am going to show some insights.
- Three different colors for these logos, blue for Beef, red for Pork and yellow for Chicken, and that the same color I used in the line graph.
- Most importantly, my viz is an animated viz in which it shows how % increase in consumption from 1960 over the year. You can download the Tableau workbook to see animated version (click here).
- On the top, right below the icons, there is the total consumption of each animal category for each year.
Thanks, guys for reading this. Feel free to add comment/suggestion on this.
Don’t forget to subscribe Zyifers for more upcoming vizzes.