The world population has now reached 7.5 billion people. In 2006, only 1 person out of 100 would have had a college education– today that number has jumped to 7.
50 would be male25 would be children
There would be 75 adults,
9 of whom would be 65 and older
There would be:
14 people from the Americas
What can be improved in this visualization:-
- Idea of representing it in donut chart is very good but donut/pie chart show population as a whole say total 100% and then sectors are divided accordingly, that how angle for each division is created.
In this viz it show that there are several categories present and in total it makes 100 person but that’s not true.
- As there are many categories like area, age, college etc are present and they itself has many subcategories so, it is very difficult to analyse or even read them.
What I did:- (see interactive viz)
- Idea is same, representing it in donut chart, but categories on top and right side of donut chart acts as a filter, and donut chart shows division based on selection of category
- In addition to point #1, for each category overall sum of each division is 100, which is correct as per the definition of donut/pie chart as in total it must be 100%
- As categories are placed as a filter so, it will be easy to understand how 100 people are divided into each category.
Thanks guys to reading this.
Feel free to add comment/suggestion on this. Love to hear from you.
Don’t forget to subscribe for more upcoming vizzes.